Friday, September 07, 2012

"Many have an amazing voice, but they need to have 'Je ne sais quoi'!" Says Britney!


Beginning his second season in the United States, the success British The X Factor returns with two new intriguing 'factors'.

Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger have left the judging panel, making way for Britney Spears and Demi Lovato join the show's creator, Simon Cowell, and his companion, L.A. Reid, when the FOX talent competition is set to release on Wednesday Monday, September 12, and announced the long awaited premiere episode, which is divided into two parts, ending up late on Thursday (13).

For Britney - who began his career under similar circumstances in the program Star Search - The X Factor offers a great opportunity to redefine itself before the general public. And she knows it.

"It's the most different thing I've ever done in my career", she says in an interview with the Daily Herald. "I've done six or seven tours and released several albums, and I know how it all works. Making a television show and being a juror is really all very new to me, that's why I like it because it is so different... but I can offer a lot to the X Factor with my experience."

Throughout the summer the U.S., Spears attended auditions in cities like San Francisco, Providence, Rhode Island, and Austin, Texas. Despite having already begun improving their technique as a judge, she admits she still has a long way to go.

"We found our place while we do the program", she says. "I have a great team beside me and Simon, LA and Demi, and we feel the vibe of each and hear what others think jurors."

The fact that Demi Lovato also be new on The X Factor was a big plus for Spears, who reflects: "I was very nervous on the first day. I felt like I was out of my own body, but have it in the program and know that it was also his first time - the one thing the girl power and etc - really helped me."

Despite initial jitters, Spears says she would not have accepted the new job if she did not feel she had anything really to offer. "I'm in show business since I was a baby", she notes. "In a recital when I was 3 years old, I went to the top of the stage, I turned around and told everyone that they were doing everything wrong. I feel I can offer many things for the X Factor with my experience of knowing what it takes and what you have to spend, and the whole process of the entertainment industry."

"I can show full support for these artists still unknown and really identify what are the best and that has the potential to realize their dreams. Many people have an amazing voice, but you must have that 'Je ne sais quoi' ('I don't know what') quality to make them stand out and awaken our interest to assist them. I think the funniest thing about this program is just being able to find it in the candidates."

And Spears also know, on the side of the candidate, as this can be challenging. "It's the hardest thing of all", she says to remember your passage through Star Search. "I won in my first presentation, but then on the second day, I lost to a guy who was actually my friend. I was eight years old, and I was completely devastated. I just thought the world had ended for me, I cried a lot."

"It's very difficult for people participating in this program, even those who really believe in themselves, but are not so good, because they need to have that spark. It's a difficult place to be in, give constructive criticism, but you have to do this."

With a career that includes hits such as ...Baby One More Time, Oops... I Did It Again and I Wanna Go, plus more than 100 million CDs sold, Spears has recharged his musical career in recent years, after a real parade of headlines about personal controversies. She seems to be fully embracing your project with the X Factor.

"At first, I really was not sure", she says, "and a little skeptical about the whole thing. I did not know how it would be perceived, but I talked to Simon on the phone, and he is a cutie. Your kindness and sympathy influenced me a lot."

He also helped Spears to handle those times when candidates use their songs to sing in the audition. "It was kind of a way. They usually appear on stage with all the costumes (like the ones Britney uses in her videos) and everything else, and many of them do not really know how to sing, they only know how to present themselves. They are very interesting to watch, but most of them do not have the kind of voice we want. Some of them have also done songs of Demi, but his songs are very difficult to sing."

"I try to be a person and have my own perspective on things, but Simon will confuse you at times", she says. "In your head, you really think someone has potential... then he'll say something like, 'That was horrible. Very, very bad. 'And then you end up realizing what he was talking about. It really breaks our opinion, and that's what I find so interesting. Sometimes the audience will boo you, and you feel like a loser, but you need to keep going strong."

No comments:

Post a Comment