Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Interview: The Stallion "Do not Let Me Be The Last To Know"

One of the biggest Britney fan sites, the X-Britney, did an interview with the model that has a romantic pair with Britney in one of his ardent clips, "Do not Let Me Be The Last To Know".

Brice Durand, hottie kissing and involves in Spears Do not Let Me Be The Last To Know, has not had time to talk about their involvement, but showed an interview in which he revealed to the journalist Sean Bickerton various details, such as selection process for the video and its recording in California - the sights are really quite interesting and once again shows how Britney is professional in their work.

For those who do not remember, Brice caused confusion in 2001 by hot scenes with Spears in the video. Justin Timberlake, her boyfriend at the time, and mother Lynne would have been upset with the outcome of the clip.

Check out the interview:

In 2001, the French model Brice Durand was placed in front of the spotlight with a fiery performance as the lover of Britney Spears in the video for Do not Let Me Be The Last To Know.

Bullfighting and measuring 1.85 m high, Brice is a muscular 87 kg, which has modeled for designers in the possession of "Cerutti", "Armani" and "Versace" was photographed campaigns for "GUESS" and "L'Oreal "and has appeared in famous magazines such as Harper's Bazaar Uomo", "Stuff" and "Maxim".

Thanks to the clip of Britney entered the Top 5 on MTV's TRL legendary U.S., its popularity led him to make other appearances and interviews including Page 6, The Daily News, Extra TV, USA Today and MTV.

Sean Bickerton The journalist interviewed the boy in 2002, mainly because all the controversy that the video has generated in relation to Britney's boyfriend at the time, and drew some curious details about participating in this unforgettable video.

Where were you born?
I was born in the French countryside, about 45 minutes from Paris.

How was your first shoot?
I did two tests for my agency, and for some reason was very easy for me. Even the photographer was surprised at how I turned out well.

What was your first success?
I never understood to be a model as a career because you just never can predict what a job will mean in the future. Sometimes you write something that seems unimportant, and then they make a great promotion and everyone sees it. At other times you think something will be a big hit and nothing happens. Do not get me wrong, because I was very lucky and worked consistently over the last five years.
But when I did the Guess campaign three years ago, I thought, "That's it, man, I did!" I was very happy, I was in heaven. It was a great year to do, but it was not any big change for me, life simply went on. The cover of Men's Journal in January was kind of the same thing - great to do, but not received as much attention as I thought it would receive.

By Herb Ritts and the clip of Britney Spears?
By Herb Ritts. It was there that things really began to change. After four weeks of release, much has happened - it was totally unbelievable. So really, this video recording with Herb Ritts was my first success.

How were you chosen for the video?
It was a Thursday horrible - it was raining very hard, I had had a long day, five or six appointments, and a friend was taking me to all of them on his motorcycle, so I was getting all wet. My jeans were soaked, my hair was a mess, I was totally deplorable. So I was just calling my agent to tell them that I had completed the days when they told me to go to an audition for a clip of Britney Spears. At this point I was so messy, I was dirty and wanted nothing more than to go home and dry up, but I thought "Who cares, I'm at it," without expecting anything.

You know how many boys were called to the test?
More than six hundred. I know they called 200 models in Los Angeles, 200 in Miami and 200 in New York. When I arrived at the casting, everyone had gone, but I saw huge piles of comp cards everywhere, so I did not think had a chance.

What you had to do the hearing?
They asked me to stay only in underwear, but they could not tell me what they wanted - they all said that I should pretend it was a clip of Britney Spears and that I should like it. Then I said, "Well, what you really want me to do, I will pretend that the camera is Britney Spears, I must pretend she is beside me, you want me to dance with her, what?" And for all that I suggested they said, "Oh yeah, that's good, let's try," which made me angry because there was no clear direction.
Then after I started, I liked, and so they said "Thank you, that's fine" I wear my clothes as fast as I could. I really thought it was a waste of time, so I just left my card on the table trying to go quickly.
But the casting agent turned out to be a very nice person, and then she stopped me and asked, with a small smile on his face: "Do you even know who is Britney Spears?" Because she realized that I did not give a damn. So I replied "Yes, she is that blonde girl who dances around and sings that she is the hottest thing in the world." The woman burst into laughter, so I said I knew that Britney was the cat at the moment, but I was not a fan of her music. And with that I left, thinking to myself, "Okay man, you really messed up." When I got home, I told my girlfriend that I definitely would not do the video of Britney Spears, I was sure.

What happened next?
That Sunday I was listening to some CDs on the Virgin and Natalie called me from Q Models to tell me that I got the video. I was so surprised! But when I asked how many other models were in the clip and she said we were just Britney and I, and Herb Ritts was directing the video, I totally delirious. I went to Miami in the first flight the next day, I went straight to a tanning session and then I met with Herb Ritts and Britney dinner.

Were you nervous when he finds it?
No, not at all. I took this job as relaxed as possible. To be honest, I thought it might be a diva, a bit difficult to handle. I worked with some of the largest models and they are not always pleasant. You really have to watch what you're doing and where you place your hands on these girls, agghhh! It is very difficult.

It's why you have to be sexy with these girls in some of the tests, making it seem passionate, but they do not actually like?
Exactly. I mean, this is ridiculous, because I'm always completely professional. I make a point to tell them that I have a girlfriend, I'm not trying to get them, I'm just doing my job and trying to make the session appear as realistic as possible. Then they can do the same or not, but I'm just trying to do better. But usually they are so difficult that I was sure that Britney would be so.

Perhaps they become angry when you tell them that already has a girlfriend (he laughs). So, Britney was difficult?
Not at all. It was really cool, it was amazing. We began to talk easily. She asked me about weight because she thought I had a great belly and she wanted to know what was my routine. At first I thought she was just being polite, but she was really interested, asked many things, and basically she wanted to talk about anything that was not her music, which was another surprise.
She asked about my girlfriend and I told her, and when I asked about her boyfriend, she said she was dating a guy from 'NSync, but I did not know who she was talking and she said, "You mean that not know the Justin Timberlake of 'NSync? I told her: "I'm sorry, but I do not know who he is, I'm terrible with all these pop groups. She found it very funny and laughed.
And since I knew nothing about her music, I asked how many hits she had and she told me about "Oops," and I was like "Oops? What is this?" She laughed as she thought it was really great, there was the only guy in the world that knew nothing about her music making a clip with it.
It was totally awesome anyway, and we had a great time together throughout the recording. The first day we were really icing on the beach was very cold. But even on a cold beach, wearing very little and fully exposed to the wind, Britney was amazing. She was always up and having fun the whole world, a professional track.

How many people were on the team for the recording?
Fifty or sixty people, was a great production. We recorded the video in a park and before the recording there was absolutely nothing there - just sand, water and some bushes. So they had to build everything in a short time. All those huge trees in the clip, the bungalow, everything. The photos of the set before and after were simply unbelievable. It was a great production and had security guards everywhere.

How long did it?
It took only two days. That was the good part of working with her because she is so good you can do everything in just one take - I think she just had to sing the song five or six times.

There was something different between making a video as compared to the tests you're used to doing? Make your mark, this kind of thing?
I like that you do not have to freeze in a pose all the time, as you do for photos. With a video is very free. What I really love in a video is that you can focus on showing how you're feeling. When you're posing with a machine, you have to be very aware of the pose that you are keeping, you have to worry about the lights, the clothes, many external things. But when we made the video, I could just focus on history, be close to Britney, to be boyfriend and girlfriend, sometimes playful, sometimes passionate. It was much like a work of an actor. Several people told me I was fine and that I helped to Britney, she was responding well, so I think everybody was very happy.

How was working with Herb Ritts?
Amazing! He always knows when you are well and when not, and he never spends his time, which meant that we worked so fast. First he looks at the scene, and he can try it for a minute or two, but then he knows exactly what he has to do, he knows where you should be, where to look, where to stop, he sees all this once and have everything in mind. Then the cameraman stands, the video begins to play, we took our seats and Herb begins to directions through a megaphone. He says: "Ok Brice, look here, now look to the side, stop, look up, smile, start to walk, run a little, ok, stop now," more or less.

So everybody knows what needs to happen before getting the shot, but it gives more specific directions while shooting?
Yes, while we are filming, he is constantly giving directions. We improvised and did what our characters would do to stay natural together, but he was giving us specific directions and watching what we were doing while watching.

How was it recording the scenes in bed?
While we were in bed doing all the romantic scenes in the touching and kissing, he was there telling us what to do. At first it was very useful to help him, because Herb told me to start playing it, so I could play it normally and it would not feel like I'm trying to do something. Then, when we follow the scene, Herb told me, "Kiss her forehead, now kiss the cheek, ok, now start to kiss her."

It was hard to kiss on camera?
No, not at all, it was easy. Even to herself I think. I always felt that she was very relaxed.

Is different to kiss someone in real life?
Oh of course, is different to kiss his girlfriend. It's a job, an acting job. You just do the damn thing. And if there is some chemistry, even easier. When there is chemistry, can be very, very painful, but if there is chemistry and you kind of like the person, it's fun, it's very easy. You just do it and look great, does not mean you have to sleep together. Just means you had fun making the video.

Was there anything during the recording of the video that you did not expect?
I know some people were a little upset because they thought things were too hot at one point, a little exciting too, maybe a little too realistic (laughs). But we did not do anything bad. I was in pants all the time, no nudity, so what's wrong could happen?

Total Credits: X-Britney

No comments:

Post a Comment